Case study: Visy Recycling
AIM: To illuminate the infrastructure capacity, quality, and any associated risks in the nationwide network that supplies glass for recycling to Visy Recycling.
Visy Recycling processes glass from around New Zealand and sends it to Visy Glass to use in manufacturing new bottles and jars. The team at Visy Recycling wanted to understand what storage capacity was available in the entire system, as well as where their suppliers had constraints and what the most vulnerable points were.
- Understand glass storage infrastructure capacity and quality across the entire national system.
- Identify hotspots vulnerable to seasonal upswings and supply chain interruptions.
- Determine and prioritise opportunities to improve network resiliance
What did we deliver?
- Analysis of sites by key criteria
- A simple graphic representation that summarised key issues at a glance
- A deeper understanding of glass storage capacity throughout New Zealand
- Recommendations for next steps
How did we do it?
- We validated and collated infrastructure capacity and issues in a systematic way
- We collaborated with supply chain participants to gather relevant information and concerns
- We identified solutions and priorities
“3R combine boots on the ground can-do with expert analysis and knowledge. They drew out the most relevant information to paint a comprehensive picture of next steps and priorities to improve resiliency of the glass recycling network.”Visy Recycling