Case study: Villa Maria
Villa Maria was keen to look at the opportunities to reduce the carbon footprint of their wine for one of their customers and looked to 3R for their expertise.
What were the key issues for Villa Maria?
There were three key issues for Villa Maria to consider
- Customer requirements
- Environmental outcomes
What were the deliverables?
- Provide information on sustainable options.
- Analysis of the impact of end-of-life solutions on customers.
- Feasibility of international innovations for New Zealand applications.
What did we achieve?
- In-depth analysis of what options were currently available; what longer-term innovations were coming through the pipeline; and how would these impact on the three key issues.
- Provided an improved decision-making framework.
- Allowed for a long-term view to consider how a partnership approach could allow them to meet three key issues over a longer period.
“The research and analysis conducted by 3R was robust and supported a good discussion in Villa Maria about the future of packaging. It also helped us in a collaborative workstream with our customer and suppliers and has really prompted an innovative, forward thinking mindset.”Karen Titulaer,
Head of Legal, Risk and Sustainability, Villa Maria Estate Ltd