Towards sustainable outcomes for end-of-life tyres in New Zealand
The inaugual Tyre Industry Summit was a huge success!
Stakeholders from all parts of the industry joined other tyre industry leaders to help make New Zealand’s developing end-of-life tyre industry world class and shared international experience from established tyre stewardship programmes through our keynote speakers.
This summit was organised by 3R Group and the Waste Management Institute of New Zealand (WasteMINZ).
WasteMINZ is the authoritative voice on waste and resource recovery in New Zealand and experienced conference event managers; and 3R Group are the project managers for the Tyrewise End of Life Stewardship development project.
Together we sought to achieve ongoing and positive development of the end of life tyre industry through strengthening global relationships, facilitating collaboration, knowledge sharing between business sectors and championing the implementation of good practice. We believe the Summit achieved these aims.
The inaugural Tyre Industry Summit has helped to enable our emerging tyre stewardship industry to:
- Learn from the global tyre (tire) industry about how they’ve turned collecting, sorting and recycling into a “business as usual activity”
- Be part of the green economy – innovation driving markets for recovered material globally
- Understand the emerging legislative and regulatory environment for stewardship
- Learn about the 2017 plan! Position processing investment for the new rolling stock as it becomes end of life
- Hear from Canada’s ELT programme managers their insights about the pitfalls they encountered
- Be informed about end of life tyre management – what works and what doesn’t
- Understand rubber recycling standards in development
- Network, network, network!
Programme includes the Registration List – take a look at who attended.
We are waiting on the outcome of the Waste Minimisation Fund targeted investment funding which we are unlikely to see until 2017. Watch this space to find out what’s next!
A big thank you to our sponsors for their support of this inaugural event.
This collaborative industry initiative was supported by: